Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finished Barn

  The finished barn was simply introduced to the 50 cent paints with a quick highlighting and a very messy coverage of black paint mixed with water to dirty the barn up, cause...let's face it, barns are not supposed to be clean or properly measured nicely designed structures.  They are there for just utility.  As such, I have just decided to do a quick dirty paint scheme that is satisfying enough for those of us that will be using the structure.
   It did come out slightly off-scale than what I would have wanted cause I didn't measure things properly before beggining, but it is close to Ogrun scale...Ogrun's farm? Heh. 
   The muddy ground outside the barn fenced in was introduced by putting some spackle down that was left over from an apartment transfer after we had cleaned up the walls.  Then a bottle of mixed Elmers and paint was poured over top of it and let to dry over 24 hours to prevent easy peel/cracking.  It has produced a ground that is somewhat flexible and soft while giving it a slightly damp look/appeal to it.  Not bad, but not great.  I don't tend to take the time to put strenuous details in.  I prefer to get the job done and useful as quick as possible.  Well hope that you guys enjoy.

Barn for a Farm setting

The barn was designed out of foamboard, and set on some mdf board to easily carry it around.  The simplicity of the design was straightforward and cheap.  It probably only cost me around 5-6 dollars to put the barn together overall.

Foam board, 2 dollars (of which I didn't use the whole sheet), mdf board (small amount of a large chunk from the store that was still in the attic), 50 cent pieces of wood that were bought at Michaels, 50 cent paint that can be found on clearance all the time next to the painting section at Lowes (good tidbit to know).

The only details in the foamboard were introduced with a ruler and a modeling knife (thickened with running a pen through it when done).